Welcome to the University of Maryland!
Dear New Student, welcome! We are here to serve you and your family. We encourage you to review our website to become familiar with all the services we offer. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have about your student account.
New Student "To-Do" List:
1. Give your parent, guardian, or approved individual access. Student's can grant access to both academic and financial aspects (separately) of their account so they can see account balance information, get email reminders for when an upcoming bill is due, see grades, etc.
There are TWO parts to granting full access.
a) For access to academic components, please follow the instructions on the following link, here.
b) For access to financial components, please see the instructions below:
-Start by going to this page HERE
-Login with your current credentials using the “Student Log In” button.
-Once logged in and forwarded to the portal landing page, click the link on the left hand side titled “Authorize Payers”
-Click the green plus symbol on the right hand side that says “Add New”
-Enter the name, email address, and login ID for whomever you wish to grant access to your financial account.
-Once completed, an email will go to the address that was entered above with a link requesting that the authorized person go to set up their password.
-Included in that email will be a link they can use in the future to access the account page directly.
-That’s it! And Access is immediate!
2. Enroll in Direct Deposit to get any refunds you are due faster and easier.
3. Get familiar with Fall, Spring, and Summer payment due dates.
4. If you would like to pay your tuition bill over several months, enroll in our available Terp Payment Plan.
5. Put a reminder on your calendar to check your student account balance each month.
6. Review your official residency status listed with the university to ensure you know whether you will be charged at the In State or Out of State tuition rate. Log in to Testudo and look under the "Add/Drop" option
7. Check "Show me my Financial Aid Status" on Testudo.
8. Waive your health insurance within the waiver period.
9. Read about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
11. And last, but not least, introduce yourself when you come to campus! See you around!